Modern Heritage is an aesthetic that I personally love. It elevates authentic, practical, and well loved objects that have significance from a cultural or design perspective. To me, the Falcon Enamel Mug is the epitome of Modern Heritage - it’s clean, simple design has been around for 100 years. The form and material of the mug hasn’t changed because they got it right the first time - it feels just as good to hold and drink from as it is beautiful to photograph and practical around the house.
The Modern Heritage Brand Personality:
The Modern Heritage Mood
- Rich with the sensibilities of the past and present;
- Balanced masculinity and femininity;
- Full of texture, warmth and familiarity;
- Achingly nostalgic, rather than sweetly sentimental.
PHOTOGRAPHY PROPS + TIPS FOR A MODERN HERITAGE SOCIAL MEDIA AESTHETIC:
This visual aesthetic is all about making ordinary objects and experiences feel special, simply by allowing them room to breathe. More than any other style, modern heritage is about intentional story telling. Use props that add texture to that story. Capturing the patina of objects is key, so style your wares in a neutral setting and accent with greenery.
My Favourite Modern Heritage Backgrounds For Instagram Photos + Product Photography
- White and grey marble
- White painted wood tabletop
- Medium dark stained wood tabletop (preferably with wide boards)
- Simple white walls (painted brick, board and batten, or plaster)
- Linen placemats
My FAVOURITE MODERN HERITAGE INSTAGRAM FEEDS:
Try These Modern Heritage Hashtags:
#liveauthentic #livefolk #fromwhereIstand #calledtobecreative #peoplescreatives #meetthemakers